Number of Students
The University of South Wales is a popular choice amongst International students and we have been welcoming students from United States to our three campuses for many years.
Students from the United States study a wide range of courses. A full list of subject areas can be found here
The University of South Wales offers generous scholarships to students from the United States who also enjoy the high standard but relatively low cost of living that South Wales offers. Students appreciate the friendly, safe and welcoming environment of the university and benefit hugely from the location as the campuses are surrounded by breathtaking scenery and impressive historical landscapes. There are also excellent transport links between campuses and to all major cities in the UK.
To download a leaflet with further information for American students please click here
We hope you find the information in this section of the website useful. Please feel free to contact Joanne Hopkins, International Officer if you have any questions!
Loan Schemes for US Students
The University of South Wales is a Title IV School and is therefore authorised by the US Department of Education to certify applications (for eligible students) for the Family Federal Education Loan Program (FFELP).
To find all the information you will need to submit your application for financial aid, receive your disbursements, and get ready for repayment please click here
For further information about the Sallie Mae loan, please click here.
The University of South Wales has relationships with the following US institutions:
- University of South Dakota
- Western Carolina University
- Central Missouri State University
- Eastern Illinois University
- University of South Florida, Tampa
We’re delighted to announce that PhD alumnus, Richard James Burgess (Phd Musicology, 2010) has recently been nominated and is now shortlisted as a finalist in the British Council’s Education UK Alumni Awards in the US.
The full story can be found here.
If you are an institution and wish to explore establishing a relationship please feel free to contact the International Recruitment Team.
Fees and Scholarships
Students from America are eligible to receive our International Academic Scholarships which are available across all levels of study.
- International Academic Scholarships of £1,500 for undergraduate students
- International Academic Scholarships of £2,000 for postgraduate students
- International Academic Scholarships of £1,500 for MBA students
Additional information regarding scholarships can be found here.
Please refer to our Undergraduate Fees and Funding page.
For the latest information, please check Postgraduate Fees and Funding page.
Foundation Entry Requirements
- Applicants who have passed the High School Graduation Diploma with a grade lower then B can be considered for entry to the Foundation Year Programme
Undergraduate Entry Requirements
Proficiency in English is essential for Undergraduate study.
- Applicants who have followed the A-Level curriculum the normal UCAS tariff will be applied
- Applicants who have followed the IB Diploma curriculum the normal UCAS tariff will be applied
- Applicants who have passed the High School Graduation Diploma with a grade B average or above and have a SAT combined score of 1100 or above (550+ in each test) – Applicants who sat the SAT previous to 2016 will require a combined score of 1670+ can be considered for entry to the first year of the degree
- Applicants who have passed the High School Graduation Diploma with a grade B average or above and have an ACT (American College Test) score of 23 or above can be considered for entry to the first year of the degree
- Applicants who have passed the High School Graduation Diploma with a grade B average or above and have an Advanced Placement Tests with grade 3 and above in at least 3 relevant Group A, AP subjects can gain entry to the first year of the degree
- Applicants who have successfully completed a 2 year Associate Degree of Professional Diploma at an institution such as a community college can be considered for advanced entry to the 2nd year of a relevant degree programme.
Postgraduate Entry Requirements
Proficiency in English is essential for Postgraduate study.
- Applicants with the equivalent to a Second Class Lower degree will be considered for masters programme entry
- Applicants with a masters degree will be considered for masters programme entry
- MBA – For entry to MBA applicants should have one of the above and at least 2 years relevant work experience, preferably after graduation and student should be aged at least 23
I chose to study Photojournalism at the University of South Wales’ Faculty of Creative Industries partially due to the fact that the campus in Cardiff is right in the middle of the ...
Of all the schools I researched, the University of South Wales’ Faculty of Creative Industries was the only one which offered the type of gaming programme I was seeking. I have a ...
What do you think about the course you are studying?
Studying on this course has been one of the best decisions I have ever made. I have learned so much and vastly ...
“I thoroughly enjoyed my studies at the University of South Wales (USW). For the first time in my life I totally immersed myself in an academic environment and fully applied myself. ...
International & EU Recruitment Officer
University of South Wales,
Treforest, South Wales,
Telephone: +44 1443 483 434