Number of Students
- Total student population: 33,584
- EU student population: 1,030
- There are currently 13 Swedish students studying at the University of South Wales
The university has a friendly, safe and welcoming environment and benefits hugely from the location – surrounded by breathtaking scenery and impressive historical landscapes, boasting excellent transport links and the buzz of two dynamic Welsh cities. Our students enjoy the high standard of living but relatively low cost of living that South Wales offers.
With more than 33,000 students from all over the world, state-of-the-art facilities and teaching excellence, the University of South Wales is a great place to study. We offer undergraduate and postgraduate courses in a range of areas including business management, software engineering, aeronautical engineering, computer science, computer games development, psychology, media and design.
Download a leaflet for Swedish students!
To download a leaflet with further information for Swedish students please click here
We hope you find the information for Swedish students useful. Please contact us if you have any questions or queries!
Fees and Scholarships
There are undergraduate scholarships available to EU students and the University offers a Postgraduate Scholarship to EU students worth £1,500 or £2,000. Further information can be found here.
Please refer to our Undergraduate Fees and Funding page.
For the latest information, please check Postgraduate Fees and Funding page.
Undergraduate Entry Requirements
- Avgångsbetyg / Slutbetyg från Gymnasieskola or Komvux (previously Studentexamen) with an overall average score of VG or above (i.e MVG) (for certificates before 2014). From 2014 onwards, an average grade of C or above.
- A VG or C in English A can be accepted as equivalent to IELTS 6.0 and therefore can be taken as a suitable alternative at Undergraduate level
- Holders of other qualifications, please contact us.
- Certain programmes, such as LLB Law or International Wildlife Biology, have different entry requirements. For further information please contact us.
Postgraduate Entry Requirements
- Kandidatexamen or Magisterexam with grade 'pass’ – Godkänd
- Second Class Lower Honours degree
- Masters Degree
- MBA applicants should have one of the above and ideally 1 year of work experience.
- A VG in English A can be accepted as equivalent to IELTS 6.0 and therefore can be taken as a suitable alternative at Undergraduate level
- Proficiency in the English Language is essential for study at South Wales.* Please refer to the English language certificates page.
Who are you and where are you from? As well as your nationality, please tell us which city, town or province/state you’re from too.
My name is Daniella ...
“The lecturers at University of South Wales are great; they all know their stuff and are very passionate about teaching it!.”
Johanna studied BA (Hons) Media Production on our Cardiff Campus.
International & EU Recruitment Officer
University of South Wales,
Treforest, South Wales,
Telephone: +44 1443 483 434
For information on the expected standards of service you can expect from the University’s recruitment agents, please contact the recruitment officer responsible for your region.
Study Abroad Sweden
Offices in Stockholm, Malmö and Gothenburg
111 56 Stockholm, Sweden
Phone: +46 (0) 8 330 720
211 45 Malmö, Sweden
Phone: +46 (0)730 34 59 00
Trädgårdsgatan 3, 2tr
411 08 Gothenburg, Sweden
Tel: +46 (0)31 15 10 90