Number of Students
- Total student population: 33,584
- EU student population: 1,030
- There are currently 30 Dutch students studying at the University of South Wales
The university has been welcoming Dutch students to its campuses for many years. All campuses are conveniently located in and around the city of Cardiff. Students have the benefits of city life and the opportunity to explore South Wales’ impressive countryside. The university can be easily reached from the Netherlands with multiple daily flights from Schiphol to Cardiff International Airport.
As a student at the University of South Wales you will benefit from our excellent support services which include: airport pick up service (from Cardiff Airport), in-sessional English lessons, careers advice and a range of academic support (including faculty advice shops).
The university works to prepare students for the world of work in the latest simulation environments, giving them a real advantage over students taught through purely theoretical classroom studies. Training in state-of-the-art simulated environments include a courtroom, a forensic scene-of-crime house, film and music studios, a stock trading floor, a clinical simulation centre for medical and nursing professionals, an aerospace centre with a airliner and flight simulator, and sporting facilities.
We hope you find the information useful. Please contact us if you have any questions or queries!
Fees and Scholarships
Please refer to our Undergraduate Fees and Funding page.
For the latest information, please check Postgraduate Fees and Funding page.
Undergraduate Entry Requirements
- Voorbereidend Wetenschappelijk Onderwijs (VWO) (Gymnasium A/B And Atheneum A/B) with a score of 7 or above
- Holders of other qualifications, please contact us.
- Certain programmes, such as LLB Law or International Wildlife Biology, have different entry requirements. For further information please contact us.
Postgraduate Entry Requirements
- Bachelors, Getuigschrift Hoger Beroepsonderwijs (HBO) or Doctoraal with a grade of no less than 6
- Second Class Lower Honours degree or a Masters Degree
- MBA applicants should have one of the above and ideally 1 year of work experience.
The university uses the following scale to convert the Dutch grading system to the UK equivalent:
- A score of 8 or above in their English Language in Voorbereidend Wetenschappelijk Onderwijs (VWO) is considered an equivalent to IELTS 6.0.
- Master students still have to take a standard English language test. Please refer to the English language certificates page.
Frederik is in his 3rd year studying Chiropractic at USW. He has taken the time to share some of his favourite places to go and his experience as an international student here ...
After I had finished the course physiotherapy, I wanted to do another course to distinguish myself, that would be more challenging and would give me better job perspectives. The courses perfectly complement ...
International Recruitment Officer
University of South Wales,
Treforest, South Wales,
Telephone: +44 (0) 1443 483413
For information on the expected standards of service you can expect from the University’s recruitment agents, please contact the recruitment officer responsible for your region.
4816 BG Breda,
Telephone:+31 (0)76 76 60 118