Number of Students
- Total student population: 33,584
- EU student population: 1,030
- There are currently 20 Lithuanian students studying at the University of South Wales.
With more than 33,000 students from all over the world, state-of-the-art facilities and teaching excellence, the University of South Wales is a great place to study. We offer undergraduate and postgraduate courses in a range of areas including business management, software engineering, aeronautical engineering, computer science, computer games development, psychology, media and design.
Our Lithuanian students have been enjoying the high standard of living and relatively low cost of living in South Wales. Students benefit hugely from the location – surrounded by breathtaking scenery and impressive historical landscapes, boasting excellent transport links and the buzz of two dynamic Welsh cities. The university has developed excellent support services for you, including:
- An airport pick-up and international welcome week when you first join us
- Free in-sessional English courses to support your development as you study
- Academic support services to help you achieve your highest potential whilst studying with us
- Career guidance and support services to ensure you are in the best position to gain employment when you graduate from the University
The University will be travelling to Lithuania during the year, join our USW International Office Facebook group to keep up to date with upcoming trips.
We hope you find the information for Lithuanian students useful. Please contact us if you have any questions or queries!
To download a leaflet with further information for Lithuanian students please click here
Fees and Scholarships
Please refer to our Undergraduate Fees and Funding page.
For the latest information, please check Postgraduate Fees and Funding page.
Undergraduate Entry Requirements
- Holders of a Grade 7/pakankamai in the Brandos Atestatas (BA) who have also passed at least 2 final state exams with an average grade of 60-70% (not to include Lithuanian) or above
- 70% in the state English exam can be taken as equivalent to IELTS 6.0.
- Holders of other qualifications, please contact us.
- Certain programmes, such as LLB Law or International Wildlife Biology, have different entry requirements. For further information please contact us.
Postgraduate Entry Requirements
- Applicants with a Bakalauras degree with grade 8 or above can be considered for the appropriate master’s programme.
- Applicants with a Magistras should also be considered.
- MBA applicants should have one of the above and ideally 1 year of work experience.
- If 70% in the state English exam is achieved, it can be accepted as equivalent to IELTS 6.0.
- At postgraduate level, students should still take a standard English language certificate.
- Please check the language requirements on the English language certificates page.
Migle has just completed her first year studying photography. She has shared some of her experiences being a student at USW below:
Why did you choose USW?
First thing that caught my ...
Rasa is entering her third year of study at the University of South Wales after studying abroad and completing her work placement.
“Next year I’m going to do my final year ...
Marius Miknis from Lithuania, graduated with first-class Honours from the BSc (Hons) Computer Games Development degree in July 2012. I always enjoyed playing computer games, even from a young age. During college, ...
University of South Wales,
Treforest, South Wales,
Telephone: +44 1443 483492
For information on the expected standards of service you can expect from the University’s recruitment agents, please contact the recruitment officer responsible for your region.
Dream Foundation Lithuania
Telephone:(+370) 689 49 250
Lvovo st. 25, LT -09320, Vilnius
Telephone:+ 370 52 75 00 00
AMES (American English School)
Naugarduko street 4,
M: +370 699 31181
Office also in Klaipėda.
Telephone:Tel. (8~5) 2791011 / Mob. +370 610 30006