Number of Students
- Total student population: 33,584
- EU student population: 1,030
- There are currently 15 Latvian students studying at the University of South Wales
We currently have 15 Latvian students who have enjoyed the high standard of living but relatively low cost of living that South Wales offers. The university has a friendly, safe and welcoming environment which students appreciate. We have been welcoming students from Latvia to the University for some years and have developed excellent support services for you, including:
- An airport pick-up and international welcome week when you first join us
- Free in-sessional English courses to support your development as you study
- Academic support services to help you achieve your highest potential whilst studying with us
- Career guidance and support services to ensure you are in the best position to gain employment when you graduate from the University
The University will be travelling to Latvia during the year, join our USW International Office Facebook group to keep up to date with upcoming trips.
We hope you find the information for Latvian students useful. Please contact us if you have any questions or queries!
Fees and Scholarships
Please refer to our Undergraduate Fees and Funding page.
For the latest information, please check Postgraduate Fees and Funding page.
Undergraduate Entry Requirements
- Atestāts par Vispārējo vidējo izlītību (General Secondary Education Certificate) with an average grade of 7 in at least 12 subjects, and at least 50% in all state exams.
- An overall grade of 70% or above (B2 on the CEFR) in the State English exam can be accepted as an equivalent to IELTS 6.0.
- Holders of other qualifications, please contact us.
- Certain programmes, such as LLB Law or International Wildlife Biology, have different entry requirements. For further information please contact us.
Postgraduate Entry Requirements
- Bakalaurs degree with a grade 6-7
- Holders of other qualifications, please contact us
- MBA applicants should have one of the above and ideally 1 year of work experience
Proficiency in the English Language is essential for study at South Wales. Please check the Postgraduate requirements on the English language certificates page.
“I love my lecturers. They guide me step by step and are always available for consultation or just a chat – they’re always just an email away.”
Evija is studying BA (Hons ...
University of South Wales,
Treforest, South Wales,
Telephone: +44 1443 483492
For information on the expected standards of service you can expect from the University’s recruitment agents, please contact the recruitment officer responsible for your region.
Dream Foundation Latvia
Brīvības biroju centrs
Brīvības iela 85 (3. stāvs),
Telephone:(+371) 295 638 27
45/47 – 505 Elizabetes street
201, 21 Merkela Street