Number of Students
- Total student population: 33,584
- EU student population: 1,030
- There are currently 102 Irish students studying at the University of South Wales.
A short flight from Dublin or Belfast, with more that 33,000 students from all over the world, state-of-the-art facilities and teaching excellence, the University of South Wales is a great place to study. We offer undergraduate and postgraduate courses in a range of areas including nursing, teaching with QTS, medical sciences, sports science and rugby coaching, music and sound, photography and fashion.
The University of South Wales is a popular choice amongst Irish students and we have been welcoming students from Ireland to our campuses for many years. Students have enjoyed the high standard of living but relatively low cost of living that South Wales offers.
To download a leaflet with further information for Irish students please click here
We hope you find the information for Irish students useful. Please contact us if you have any questions or queries!
Fees and Scholarships
There are undergraduate scholarships available to EU students and the University offers a Centenary Postgraduate Scholarship to EU students worth £1,500 or £2,000. Further information can be found here.
Please refer to our Undergraduate Fees and Funding page.
For the latest information, please check Postgraduate Fees and Funding page.
Undergraduate Entry Requirements
- Irish Leaving Certificate – we will accept the UCAS tariff points from the equivalent Leaving Cert results, with a minimum of four Honours/Higher level subjects. Please visit the UCAS website for more information on UCAS tariff in relation to the Irish Leaving Certificate.
- We also accept the QQI or FETAC awards with a minimum level 5 certificate in a relevant subject area. For Nursing applications, we would require a minimum of 6 distinctions and 2 merits. For all other courses, we require 5 distinctions and 3 merits.
- Holders of other qualifications, please contact us
- Students who are interested in applying for one of our Nursing or Midwifery courses, please click here for lots of helpful information including preparing to apply, making your application, entry requirements, understanding how your application is processed and preparing for the next stage in the application process.
- Students who are interested in applying for our BA (Hons) Primary Studies with Qualified Teacher Status for further information on the application and interview process. Please note the following additional entry requirements for this course:
- Maths – grade B3 or above at Ordinary level or grade C3 or above at Honours level.
- English – grade B3 or above at Ordinary level or grade C3 or above at Honours level.
- Science – grade C3 or above at Ordinary level or grade D3 or above at Honours level.
Postgraduate Entry Requirements
- A good Bachelor (Hons) degree
Chris is a first year student from Kerry currently studying Chiropractic.
What do you think about the course you are studying?
I really like it, it’s quite challenging but nothing good ...
I’m David and I live and work in Dublin. I am currently enrolled on the MA Scriptwriting at USW (Cardiff). I had been researching scriptwriting courses for a while and found ...
Shannon Kingston is studying BSc (Hons) Childhood Development.
I would highly recommend this course as it gives you a broad knowledge of children’s behaviour and education.
It is structured around three ...
Sarah Valkenborghs from Letterkenny graduated in 2011, with a 1st Class Honours in BSc (Hons) Medical Sciences and is now the Vice President of the Students’ Union. Here is what ...
Kevin Fox, from Letterkenny, Ireland graduated in July 2014 in MChiro Chiropractic at the University. Here is what he shared with us:
With Cardiff to the South and the Brecon Beacons ...
Hazel Wallace from Dundalk in Ireland, graduated from the BSc (Hons) Medical Sciences with a first-class Honours degree. She also received ‘The Award Leader’s Prize for Outstanding Achievement’ for receiving the highest ...
TJ Durkin, who is originally from Dublin and now lives in Llantrisant, is approaching the final few months of his adult nursing degree.
Having completing placements at the Royal Glamorgan Hospital in ...
International & EU Recruitment Officer
Marketing and Student Recruitment,
University of South Wales,
Treforest, South Wales,
Telephone: +44 1443 483 434