Number of Students
- Total student population: 33,584
- EU student population: 1,030
- There are currently 219 German students studying at the University of South Wales.
The University of South Wales is a popular choice amongst German students and we have been welcoming students from Germany for many years. Students have enjoyed the high standard of living but relatively low cost that South Wales offers. They also benefit hugely from the location – surrounded by breathtaking scenery and impressive historical landscapes, boasting excellent transport links and the buzz of two dynamic Welsh cities.
The University will be travelling to Germany during the year, join our USW International Office Facebook group to keep up to date with upcoming trips.
To download a leaflet with further information for German students please click here
We hope you find the information for German students useful. Please contact us if you have any questions or queries!
Fees and Scholarships
There are undergraduate scholarships available to EU students and the University offers a Postgraduate Scholarship to EU students worth £1,500 or £2,000. Further information can be found here.
There is also funding available from Germany that could help during your study period at USW, please visit the following sites for more information:
Please refer to our Undergraduate Fees and Funding page.
For the latest information, please check Postgraduate Fees and Funding page.
Foundation Entry Requirements
- Berufsfachschulabschlus awarded after 2-3 years, Berufsschulabschlus, Industrie-und Handelskammer Prufung or Staatlich Geprufte, Technischer/ Kaufmannischer Assistent(in)
Undergraduate Entry Requirements
- Zeugnis der Allgemeinen Hochschulreife/Abitur with an aggregate score of at least 2.9/befriedigend or better
- Holders of other qualifications, please contact us.
- If students achieve 10 (gut) or above in their English Language at Abitur and it was taken as an achievement/main or intensive subject then this is equivalent to IELTS 6.0. If not normal IELTS or Cambridge qualifications are accepted.
Postgraduate Entry Requirements
- Diplom, Staatsexamen or a Magister Artium Sehr gut (1) or Gut (2)
- Proficiency in the English Language is essential for study at South Wales.* Please refer to the English language certificates page.
Martin is a 3rd year student completing his studies in Business Studies. He has shared his experience of the course and his time at university.
What do you think about the course ...
Maximilian joined the final year of the BA (Hons) Business Management programme from Germany. He graduated in July 2015 and has shared his experiences of his time at USW.
“My course, ...
International & EU Recruitment Officer
University of South Wales,
Treforest, South Wales,
Telephone: +44 1443 483 434
Visits to your Country
Joanne Hopkins, International and EU Recruitment Officer, will be visiting Düsseldorf, Hannover, Hamburg and Berlin 22nd – 25th January 2018.