Number of Students
- Total student population: 33,584
- EU student population: 1,030
- There are currently 14 Finnish students studying at the University of South Wales.
The university has a friendly, safe and welcoming environment and benefits hugely from the location – surrounded by breathtaking scenery and impressive historical landscapes, boasting excellent transport links and the buzz of two dynamic Welsh cities. Our students enjoy the high standard of living but relatively low cost of living that South Wales offers.
With more than 33,000 students from all over the world, state-of-the-art facilities and teaching excellence, the University of South Wales is a great place to study. We offer undergraduate and postgraduate courses in a range of areas including business management, software engineering, aeronautical engineering, computer science, computer games development, psychology, media and design.
We have been welcoming students from Finland to the University for some years and have developed excellent support services for you, including:
- An airport pick-up and international welcome week when you first join us
- Free in-sessional English courses to support your development as you study
- Academic support services to help you achieve your highest potential whilst studying with us
- Career guidance and support services to ensure you are in the best position to gain employment when you graduate from the University
To download a leaflet with further information for Finnish students please click here
We hope you find the information for Finnish students useful. Please contact us if you have any questions or queries!
Fees and Scholarships
There are undergraduate scholarships available to EU students and the University offers a Centenary Postgraduate Scholarship to EU students worth £1,500 or £2,000. Further information can be found here.
Please refer to our Undergraduate Fees and Funding page.
For the latest information, please check Postgraduate Fees and Funding page.
Undergraduate Entry Requirements
- Ylioppilastutkinto / Studentexamen with a score of 5 or above
- Certain programmes, such as LLB Law or International Wildlife Biology, have different entry requirements. For further information please contact us.
- Holders of other qualifications, please contact us.
- If students achieve 6 or above in the English Language at Ylioppilastutkinto / Studentexamen, this can be accepted as equivalent to IELTS 6.0.
Postgraduate Entry Requirements
We will consider the following qualifications:
- Oikeustieteen Kandidaatti / Juris Kandidat (160 credit law degree) or
- Maisteri / Magister
Proficiency in the English Language is essential for study at South Wales. Please check the Postgraduate requirements on the English language certificates page.
International & EU Recruitment Officer
Marketing and Student Recruitment,
University of South Wales
CF37 1DL, UK
Telephone: + 44(0) 1443 654409