Number of Students
- Total student population: 33,584
- EU student population: 1,030
- There are currently 27 Estonian students studying at the University of South Wales.
The high standard of living and relatively low cost of living makes Wales an attractive study destination for students. EU students also benefit from the Welsh Tuition Fee Grant and are able to take out a student loan to help cover the costs of studying here. All our campuses are conveniently located in an around Cardiff which has been voted as one of the best cities in the UK for young people.
Our Estonian students enjoy exploring the beautiful Welsh countryside, the excellent shopping in Cardiff, visiting castles (there are 641 castles in Wales!), evenings out in Cardiff Bay and frequenting the many festivals and events organised in and around the city of Cardiff. You can read more about what our students think of studying here by reading their student profiles.
The University will be travelling to Estonia throughout the year, join our USW International Office Facebook group to keep up to date with upcoming trips. These trips give you an opportunity to meet with a university representative.
To download a leaflet with further information for Estonian students please click here.
We hope you find the information useful. Please contact us if you have any questions or queries!
Fees and Scholarships
There are undergraduate scholarships available to EU students and the University offers a Centenary Postgraduate Scholarship to EU students worth £1,500 or £2,000. Further information can be found here.
Please refer to our Undergraduate Fees and Funding page.
For the latest information, please check Postgraduate Fees and Funding page.
Foundation Entry Requirements
- Gumnaasiumi Loputunnistus without the Riigieksamid
Undergraduate Entry Requirements
- Gümnaasiumi lõputunnistus (Secondary School Certificate) with an overall average grade of at least 4 in the school exams and 2 state examinations (Riigieksamid) with a minimum of 65% in each.
- If a specific subject is required for entry onto a course, then a grade of 4 or above in the school exam will be necessary
- Official English language qualification (ie, IELTS) or English State exam with 70% or above.
- Certain programmes, such as LLB Law or International Wildlife Biology, have different entry requirements. For further information please contact us.
- Holders of other qualifications, please contact us.
Postgraduate Entry Requirements
- Good marks in the Holders of an appropriate Bakalaureusekrad or a new Bachelors degree will be considered for admission onto postgraduate programmes.
Proficiency in the English Language is essential for study at South Wales. Please check the Postgraduate requirements on the English language certificates page.
I am now doing a final year BA Journalism course at the USW that has given me wonderful opportunities to also get a journalistic experience from outside the university. I am currently ...
Mari is nearly at the end of her first year. She has shared some of her experiences so far of studying at the Atrium and taking part in the International Welcome Programme ...
Kätlin Kattai from Estonia, graduated with first-class Honours from the BA (Hons) International Accounting. She also received the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants Prize for the Best Overall Performance in the Final ...
International & EU Recruitment Officer
Marketing and Student Recruitment,
University of South Wales
CF37 1DL, UK
Telephone: + 44(0) 1443 654409
For information on the expected standards of service you can expect from the University’s recruitment agents, please contact the recruitment officer responsible for your region.
Dream Foundation Estonia
Vana-Lõuna 39-81 (Lutheri kvartal)
Telephone:(+372) 51 51 608
ILEC Evenor Estonia
Tartu mnt. 43/F.R.Kreutzwaldi 24
Telephone:+372 648 5441
Tuukri põik 10-16,
Telephone:+372 6609 606