Number of Students
- Total student population: 33,584
- EU student population: 1,030
- There are currently 47 Bulgarian students studying at the University of South Wales.
The University of South Wales is a popular choice amongst Bulgarian students who enjoy the high standard of living and relatively low cost of living that South Wales offers. EU students also benefit from the Welsh Tuition Fee Grant and are able to take out a tuition fee loan.
With more than 33,000 students from all over the world, state-of-the-art facilities and teaching excellence, the University of South Wales is a great place to study.
The university has developed excellent support services for you, including:
- An airport pick-up and international welcome week when you first join us
- Free in-sessional English courses to support your development as you study
- Academic support services to help you achieve your highest potential whilst studying with us
- Career guidance and support services to ensure you are in the best position to gain employment when you graduate from the University
To download a leaflet with further information for Bulgarian students please click here
The University will be travelling to Bulgaria during the year, join our USW International Office Facebook group to keep up to date with upcoming trips.
We hope you find the information in this section of the website useful. Please contact us if you have any questions or queries!
Fees and Scholarships
There are undergraduate scholarships available to EU students and the University offers a Centenary Postgraduate Scholarship to EU students worth £1,500 or £2,000. Further information can be found here.
Please refer to our Undergraduate Fees and Funding page.
For the latest information, please check Postgraduate Fees and Funding page.
Foundation Entry Requirements
- Diploma za (Zavurcheno) Sredno Obrazovanie (Diploma of Completed Secondary Education) with an overall score of 4.
Undergraduate Entry Requirements
- Diploma za Zavarsheno Sredno Obrazovanie or Diploma za Sredno Spetzialno Obrazovanie (Diploma of Completed Secondary Education – awarded by technical secondary schools) with a grade 5.0/Mnogo Dobur (very good) or above.
- Certain programmes such as LLB Law or International Wildlife Biology have specific entry requirements. For further information please contact us.
- Holders of other qualifications, please contact us.
Postgraduate Entry Requirements
- A good Bachelors Degree
- Bakalavr or Diploma za Zavarsheno Visshe Obrazovanie with a grade 4.0/Dobur (very good) or above
- MBA applicants should have one of the above and ideally 1 year of work experience.
Proficiency in the English Language is essential for study at South Wales. Please check the Undergraduate and Postgraduate requirements on the English language certificates page.
Georgi Shangov, from Sofia, Bulgaria is a second year student studying BSc Aircraft Maintenance Engineering. Here is what he shared about his University experience:
“Since I was a little boy, I’ve ...
Lili is in her final year of her BA Art Practice course. She has shared her experiences so far being a student on the course and living in Wales.
Why did you ...
Aleksandar, from Burgas, Bulgaria studied MSc Sustainable Business Risk Management in the Treforest campus and he was awarded £1500 postgraduate scholarship. We asked Alex about his experience at the University. Here is ...
International & EU Recruitment Officer
Marketing and Student Recruitment,
University of South Wales
CF37 1DL, UK
Telephone: + 44(0) 1443 654409
For information on the expected standards of service you can expect from the University’s recruitment agents, please contact the recruitment officer responsible for your region.
99 Evlogi Georgiev Blvd
Telephone:+359 2 80 50 600
3 Vasil Levski Blvd
Telephone:+359 2 98 64 001
Maximum Education Abroad
10 Tsar Asen Str.
Telephone:+359 32 59 39 86
Ruse Blv N 10-A, 1st floor
Country Manager: Petya Radeva