Number of Students
- Total student population: 33,584
- EU student population: 1,030
- There are currently 5 Austrian students studying at the University of South Wales.
Our students enjoy the high standard of living at relatively low cost that South Wales offers. The university has a friendly, safe and welcoming environment and benefits hugely from the location – surrounded by breathtaking scenery and impressive historical landscapes, boasting excellent transport links and the buzz of two dynamic Welsh cities.
We hope you find the information for Austrian students useful. Please contact us if you have any questions or queries!
Fees and Scholarships
Please refer to our Undergraduate Fees and Funding page.
For the latest information, please check Postgraduate Fees and Funding page.
Undergraduate Entry Requirements
- Reifeprüfung or Matura with an aggregate score of 3/befriedigend or above will be considered for admission onto undergraduate programmes.
- Certain programmes, such as LLB Law or International Wildlife Biology, have different entry requirements. For further information please contact us.
- Holders of other qualifications, please contact us.
- If students achieve 2 (Gut) or higher in their English language at Reifeprufungszeugnis/Maturazeugnis and it was taken as an achievement/main or intensive subject then this is equivalent to IELTS 6.0.
Postgraduate Entry Requirements
- Holders of an appropriate Bachelor will be considered.
Proficiency in the English Language is essential for study at South Wales.* Please refer to the English language certificates page.
Lisa Kraml from Linz, Austria, graduated with first-class Honours from the BSc (Hons) Psychology in July 2012. She has continued her master’s degree at the University in 2013.
Read more about ...
Graduate Gudrun Bartl looks back on her MSc in Public Relations at the University.
“Deciding where to do my Masters degree in Public Relations was probably one of the most difficult decisions ...
International Recruitment Officer
University of South Wales,
Treforest, South Wales,
Telephone: +44 (0) 1443 654409