Accommodation For International Students

For the majority of international students, coming to the University of South Wales means living away from home for the first time.
There’s a great selection of accommodation here at the University of South Wales – from halls of residence on campus to privately rented rooms in the local area – so you should be able to find something that is right for you.

It’s important to allow yourself plenty of time to make your accommodation choice – you’ll be living here for quite a long time!

Halls of residence

The on-campus halls of residence are the most convenient type of accommodation available. For students studying at Treforest or Glyntaff, the on-campus accommodation is situated at the main campus (Treforest), and facilities including the Learning Resources Centre, The Centre for Sport, Health & Exercise and Students Union are close by.

For students studying at Cardiff, there are three privately owned accommodation options for the University of South Wales students, one of which is directly opposite the ATRiuM campus. Living in halls of residence is a great opportunity to meet new people, make friends and enjoy your independence whilst living in a safe and secure environment.

For students studying at Caerleon or Newport, there are a range of standard or en-suite rooms available all with a shared kitchen, dining and living area.

Privately rented accommodation

If you’d prefer to live off-campus in private accommodation in the local area, we can help you find something suitable. For an off-campus standard room you could expect to pay around £45 – £70 per week. Some international students prefer to stay with a host family or share a house with British students as it provides them with a good opportunity to improve their English.

Please visit the Accommodation Pages to apply for a place in our on-campus halls of residence or to seek guidance and assistance in finding accommodation off-campus.